Thursday, March 15, 2012

Teacher Resource Alert!

My teaching partner left me a welcome back gift!  Is that not the sweetest thing to do?! This particular resource is a kind of sequel to two other resources that I absolutely love.  All three books are very detailed and laid out in a step-by-step manner, which would be very helpful for new teachers, but veteran teachers will find useful ideas as well.  Check out the author's website, Reading Power.


Writing Power is the new book and takes the best of the writing workshop format, melds it with Six-Traits writing, to come up with a comprehensive, systematic way to engage children's thinking through writing.
I'm going to be spending some of next week (we have Spring Break...although, looking outside, you wouldn't think we're close to Spring! LOL) reading through the book and seeing if it will be a good fit.  I kind of do writing workshop with Six Traits, but, sadly, writing workshop tends to be hit and miss for me...there just isn't enough time in the day for everything, and I tend to be more inclined to reading.  <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment