Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Who doesn't like Skittles?

My apologies for not posting sooner, but I had a wicked head cold this past week, so spent it nurturing myself back to health...thank goodness for Oil of Oregano...I swear by that stuff!

Anyways, I just wanted to share what we did for part of our math session yesterday. (I wanted to post this yesterday but it was one of those days...one thing led to another and before I knew it, it was time for bed!LOL) Monday we always do a graphing activity.  Usually I have a survey question on the board and students use magnetized name tags to identify which option for the survey they've chosen.  We've looked at the data generated and created fractions and graphed the results using bar graphs and pictographs. 

Yesterday, I decided to do something that I know the kids would LOVE...and that was working with FOOD...Skittles to be exact! Yumm!!

Here's a photo of the sorting and tallying that was going on.  I also had them create fractions and graph the results.  And then, of course, they got to eat the skittles!

If you're interested I'm including a .doc file of the activity here Graphing with Skittles

1 comment: